Consolidated Kansas

Quote:
I literally just found out that when we candles last the light's switch (heat source) was never switched back on, 24 hours and was down to 81.6!
hit.gif

Looks like I might be starting over sooner than I thought!

Last edited:
Quote:
I literally just found out that when we candles last the light's switch (heat source) was never switched back on, 24 hours and was down to 81.6!
hit.gif

Looks like I might be starting over sooner than I thought!

You never know...give em a few days and then candle. You might be surprised.
fl.gif

I've had massive power outages for HOURS and had the chicks hatch anyway- if nature wasn't more resilient than that, we'd never have as many birds as we do...broodies sit on the wrong nest all the time!!
lau.gif
Even had a broody sit on the wrong nest when it was 35 degrees...for the whole day. I found out that evening. The eggs are now running around my yard...

Quote:
That's good hope atleast!
wink.png

Looks like I've got the same roughly 60% I had since day 5 except in the EE's... Although the two olives don't apper to be doing any changing (hard to tell) nor the two teals... But the other 8 are growing the best of everything. Those 8 have huge interior mass and an nice air bubble... That's all. So really hopeful there! Aleast the brooder is finally ready!... Tractors next... Then window and nesting boxes for the LF coop! Chores... They never stop
hmm.png

Hello all just started reading Kansas thread. I am in the KC area.

Last weekend I drove over to Overbrook, KS for a bird swap looking for jumbo brown coturnix quail. They had rabbits, chickens, droves, ... But no quail.
sad.png

Anyone know of any upcoming event or raise them?

I personally haven't seen many quail (if any) at any of the Topeka swap meets, but there are some local guys that have quail... I'm sure one of them might know where you can find specific one's!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom