Consolidated Kansas

Quote:
Appreciate that, thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I just hatched the first 7 eggs from my birds so ATM I have 5 chicks. I have two fully mature Roo's and only 2 hens ATM, but can get you a few eggs. I can not devote much more time to the hatching of these birds until the 22nd of June this yea as I am concentrating on my pheasants.

CALLING ALL KANSASANS

I have made the final vote for the egg face competition, please take a moment of your time to include your vote for me here! Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Added: the voting is super close, really really need more votes!

Last edited:
I thought some Kansans might be interested in this blog. It is from Western Kentucky University. They had a crew chasing storms in the area and followed the "super cell" that did so much damage in NE Kansas on May 21, including the tornados (two) that hit Reading and destroyed half of that town, killing one resident.

http://meteorology.blog.wku.edu/?p=1185

For the poultry part - free, fun treats for chickens and ducks. I found an old box that had been on the ground through this wet weather. Decomposing and full of bugs and worms. As I separated the layers of the cardboard exposing the little critters, the chickens and ducks came running snatching up their treats before they could get away. Those muscovies can do some fantastic tail wagging for that kind of treats.

I just finished cleaning out an area of the barn that I couldn't get to. It was kind of an ordeal, but when I got down into the heart of it there were all kinds of little wormy bugs. Outside it all went. My free range girls are out there right now having a whale of a hen party and doing a lot of scratching and excavating to get to their little treats. I'm sure they will all be so full they will look like they they have tumors under their necks!

Back
Top Bottom