Consolidated Kansas

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
To see who might be able to help you, where are you located?

Hi- I'm in Wichita. Thanks

I may have one you can have if you are interested please pm me.

Quote:
Hi- I'm in Wichita. Thanks

I may have one you can have if you are interested please pm me.

I probably have one or two that will work, too- you can pm me if Tonya hasn't anything, but I'm in Lawrence.
fl.gif

Quote:
Does atwoods still have chicks? If not, you could try C-Arrow stables. They are on maize rd north of 53rd st a couple blocks. They always have baby chicks. No guarantee on pullet/roos but they will help you pick them. The guy that helped me with our first chicks was 5 for 5. They will also take back any roos you may get. If that won't work then maybe someone here will have one or 2 for you.

I was in the Derby Atwoods last week picking up a gate and hardware for my chain link fence project and they had zero chicks.

welcome-byc.gif
msjfrizzle

I'd bet someone down that way would help you out... Try posting something similar in the farm and garden section on craigslist! Plus we usually have new chicks posted here in Topeka pretty often, would assume it happens there too!

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas!! It seems that all the Atwoods in the area are finished with chicks for the year, and there was a listing on Craig's list, but they didn't reply, so they must have found homes for their chicks already. Tonya told me about a local stable that always has chicks, and I just brought home a couple of little guys who look to be about a week old. The chickens out there are all sorts of breeds, and they aren't separated, so it will be interesting to see what these turn out to be. One of them is already showing frizzle feathers! Pretty great, considering my screen name!! (The name is from the Magic School Bus kids' books, not chickens, but it all works.)

Thanks, too, for making me feel so welcome!! This is such a great forum!

Well looks like I have really screwed up. I managed to blow out the tips of both of my pinkies last night splitting fire wood. Spent 6 hours in the ER. Thhey didnt even give me any pain meds, and let me tell you thos is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Now i am trying to figure out how to feed and water my birds now,so if there is a willing party wanting to help me out for a day or two I would be in your debt for ever.

Daren

Back
Top Bottom