Constant Script error on Pc

appps

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Australia
I keep getting the following error on my pc when using the website

Using safari. It is making posting from my pc almost impossible. Is this a site glitch or some sort of virus script it's talking about?

Only comes up on this site. Clicking any of the option including don't show me again does nothing, it just keeps popping up and stopping me doing anything.

Last edited:
No it's every time on any page. Mostly I get to that page from an email notification link.
I think it's done it going straight from my bookmark too though. Will check that when I get home.

Last edited:
Same thing here script problems every page every post every forum. I just try to muddle through it, but it gets annoying.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the idea. Google tells me those Trojans use the files containing the terms downlite and vsearch. A search on my computer for files containing those words has found nothing though.

The error is only coming up when on this site too, nowhere else on the web which makes me think it's more a problem with this site.

I've just done a little test after noticing that we are both getting the error on Firefox and posted using google chrome instead. No problems whatsoever so makes me think it may be an incompatibility between the forum and Firefox

Thanks for the idea. Google tells me those Trojans use the files containing the terms downlite and vsearch. A search on my computer for files containing those words has found nothing though.

The error is only coming up when on this site too, nowhere else on the web which makes me think it's more a problem with this site.

Look at the URL/Domain in the script error pop-up, that is the URL/Domain used by the Downlite/VSearch Trojan to serve up the malware ads and it's being injected into the page by the trojan on your system...

The instructions might be outdated, there might be a new version of the trojan out, did you try the automatic cleaner I posted a link to?

Can you direct me to a specific page on this site that you get the error on?

Last edited:
Look at the URL/Domain in the script error pop-up, that is the URL/Domain used by the Downlite/VSearch Trojan to serve up the malware ads and it's being injected into the page by the trojan on your system...

The instructions might be outdated, there might be a new version of the trojan out, did you try the automatic cleaner I posted a link to?

Can you direct me to a specific page on this site that you get the error on?

It's on every page but the one in my screen grab was this one. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/921333/any-home-bakers-here/3660#post_16222486

Are those Trojans specific to Firefox? Because I've found it doesn't do it in google chrome.

Back
Top Bottom