construction is complete. Warning pic heavy!!!

sorry been busy trying to finish the coop and i didnt get pics of all my building stages. Heres what i have.
the walls went up.
Then the nest box framing was added
then covered with 3/8 plywood
The rafters went in, I laid them on the 1 1/2 side just because it was easier.
The walls were also covered. I put a window in the south side so they would get some sunlight

i drilled 5/8 inch holes in the gable ends for ventilation.
i cut a 1/2 in. by 1 1/2 in notch in 2 2x4's for the pop door to slide in.
door in place, i still had to add my pull rope.
run door in place, all my wire is already in. I sandwiched the wire between a 2x4 and a 1x4 for added strength and security.
roost inside the coop, i secured 1/2 x 1/2 hardware cloth to the inside window frame with large washers and screws.as you can see i also have my roofing on at this time.
inside of nest boxes each one is roughly 16 in. tall 14 in wide and 16 in deep.
my cleanout door. with 1 latch and 2 turn latches. i figured this was my week point and wanted to secure it as well as possible.
here you can see my pull rope for the pop door. simply ran through 2 eyebolts. and held in place with carabiner. i also added some wire baskets ive since filled with grass clippings. if they decide they want to lay here they will come out. the walk board is in place. And you can see more ventilation holes on this side.
pretty much complete. just a few finishing touches to add. A few more roost in the run etc...

I'm waiting for my sign with the coops name. I have decided to call it the " Fowl Frontier "
Birds in coop. my Blue Copper Marans Cockrel
one of my Black Barred rocks
Blue Rock Cockrel
Blue Rock pullet.
I locked all the birds down in the coop for 2 days then let them out in the afternoons. the first night i had to help them into the coop, night 2 everyone tucked themselves in.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom