Containers for nipple waters

Chicks4fun2

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 5, 2014
Pacific NW
Hello I am trying to figure out if I can attach a single nipple waterer to the lid of a container similar to a soda bottle so I can quickly and Inexpensively switch out water?The container would need to be light in weight so my younger children could help with this chore.
Thanks in advance!

You can install the nipple on the screw on top like this. Is that what you are looking for.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking ... Did you have to puncture a hole in the top of your bottle to get the water to flow freely?and how is the bottle attached to the coop?

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking ... Did you have to puncture a hole in the top of your bottle to get the water to flow freely?and how is the bottle attached to the coop?
All you need is a pin hole in the top so that the bottle doesn't form a vacuum.
smile.png

I am not a fan of containers. They are a lot of maintenance and cleaning and take up a lot of space. I'd recommend cups or nipples.

Here is one of the many I made last year that I used when my hens were little chicks. It works great.

You can buy these for about $2 for 5 of them shipped free from China. It will take a couple weeks to get them but they work well!

I had to drill a hole in the bottle lid just smaller than the chicken nipple. Make sure to make a small hole near the bottom of the bottle so that an air lock isn't formed. If so, the water won't come out the nipple.

I used a coat hanger to hang it from the brooder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom