Ended Contest #15 Flapper Contest for the 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
Contest #15
2014 Easter Hatch-a-long
LL
Last years winner - Contrastphoto​
[COLOR=666699]"Flapper Contest!"[/COLOR]
Post your best Fowl Flapping in action!
All fowl flappers accepted, NO Staging photos, birds must be on their feet!
No more than 3 entries per contestant!
Our BYC Judges will choose 10 finalists, and then YOU vote for your favorites!
[COLOR=666699]3[/COLOR] [COLOR=666699]entries per contestant[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000]ENTRY DEADLINE[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]April 24th, 2014 at Midnight PST[/COLOR]
1[SUP]st[/SUP] PRIZE
12 Chocolate/Mauve/Black Orpington Hatching eggs
Courtesy of Christabelle
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] PRIZE
12 Rainbow Layer Hatching eggs
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] PRIZE
$20 gift certificate for the BYC Store
CONTEST RULES 1. The contest is open to BYC Continental U.S. resident members only (void where prohibited). 2. Contestants may submit no more than 3 images. 3. The deadline for entries is April 24th, at Midnight PST. 4. Your submission must be your own photo and not used in a previous contest. 5. To submit your entries, simply post your images in this thread.
LL
Last years winner - fishnet1971​
[COLOR=FF0000]Post your Images on this thread[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000]Good Luck![/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]If you have not joined in the Easter Hatch-a-long, join us here:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I'm sure there were a lot of factors that played into the sudden plan change for winners. A lot of back and forth goes on, I'm sure, between all of the judges, that takes a lot of time in narrowing down to 10 finalists that all agree on. Taking into consideration time zones, work schedules and vacations. The thread is dwindling and by the time the poll would have been set up I would think very few people left for the actual voting. They are volunteers, not paid employees. Please respect that they did what they needed to do.

I wanted to extend my apologies to those on this thread, I offered 12 jubilee eggs to the winner, but my last three hatches of jubilee have not gone well (fully developed chicks, but not strong enough to hatch). I am switching out my rooster with a spangle roo to see if this helps things, but it means I won't have pure jubilee eggs to send the winner. I am getting plenty of chocolate/mauve Orp eggs that I would like to substitute. So sorry about this, but I don't want to send eggs that won't hatch.

Entry # 1

Speckles, an Olive Egger.

Entry #2
Not sure if a dust bath counts as flapping. If not... disregard.

Entry #3
Ellie decided that daddy's face needed to be fanned.She isn't jumping, but walking down his arm and flapping wildly! Silly chicken.

Back
Top Bottom