Ended Contest #15 Flapper Contest for the 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

I have one araucana. He's a golden duckwing bantam named Cricket. I'm hoping that some of the HAL babies might be his, but my girls are bigger than him so we'll see.

ya but when they said top 10 finalists they shoudve done it or they shouldve told us other wise

Yes, I agree.

All i can say is maybe next year!

This would not be what I would expect BYC to say; they're usually better than this.

I'm just grateful that they took time out of their busy lives and time away from their own new HAL babies to set up, coordinate and judge all these contests, helping us out all the way. Bummed I didn't win, but the winners are spectacular. Congrats to all!

RIP Prince Eric (my entry)...you will be missed but man, you were tasty.

I agree; it just would have been nice to have been told if they needed to change the rules. that's all

I'm sure there were a lot of factors that played into the sudden plan change for winners. A lot of back and forth goes on, I'm sure, between all of the judges, that takes a lot of time in narrowing down to 10 finalists that all agree on. Taking into consideration time zones, work schedules and vacations. The thread is dwindling and by the time the poll would have been set up I would think very few people left for the actual voting. They are volunteers, not paid employees. Please respect that they did what they needed to do.

I'm sure there were a lot of factors that played into the sudden plan change for winners. A lot of back and forth goes on, I'm sure, between all of the judges, that takes a lot of time in narrowing down to 10 finalists that all agree on. Taking into consideration time zones, work schedules and vacations. The thread is dwindling and by the time the poll would have been set up I would think very few people left for the actual voting. They are volunteers, not paid employees. Please respect that they did what they needed to do.
thumbsup.gif
highfive.gif
thumbsup.gif
highfive.gif
thumbsup.gif

I'm sure you're right. I not only respect the time and effort and other resources that the administration puts into BYC, I also greatly appreciate those things. All I've been saying is that it would have been nice if they had changed the rules in the original post; apparently, I'm the only one. Sorry. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking that's the right thing to do.

Sorry folks about the voting. I had it in my head that the voting contests were completed and everything else was for judging. We have a panel of 5 judges for the contests. Juggling this many contests is not easy, and my brain is quickly turning to mush.
lol.png
It's my fault that the voting did not occur, but we cannot change it now. I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom