Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Looked better in my head but here goes.. broody Easter Egger made out of cake, icing, and candies
smile.png
That is a nice entry!

yesss.gif

Here's my 2nd entry...it's an Easter Egg Cake:

Carrot cake
Coconut grass
Marshmallow Peeps & Rabbit
Malted milk balls, 2 sizes
Jelly Beans
Chocolate peanut butter eggs
Chocolate crisps carrots

Special thanks to my good friend @sunflour for the inspiration!
Another nice job!

wee.gif

[COLOR=800080]Mr. Pea:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DAA520]ALL GLUTEN FREE[/COLOR] [COLOR=006400]ALL VEGETARIAN[/COLOR] This is my entry, he's a peacock, observing some of his hen's eggs. Made from: "Feathers" Almonds painted with a food color, water, and powdered sugar mixture. "Eggs" Store bought Easter candy. "Eyes" Painted almonds just like the "feathers" "Body" DIY microwave cupcake
lau.gif
"Head" DIY vegetarian fondant, painted with food color mixture. If you have any other questions about how it was made or what it was made from feel free to ask ;) Everything is edible except the plate and flowers. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Each and every feather had to be "painted" three different times...THIS TOOK FOREVER! Then they had to be all put together, layered on the tail. I used toothpicks to help the feather's placement be precise. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Here are the final pictures: [COLOR=DDA0DD]Thanks for holding this contest!:ya [/COLOR] [COLOR=4B0082]Good luck to everyone who entered!:weee [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Edit: typo[/COLOR]
Absolutely beautiful, such talent!

Love seeing all of these!!! I haven't gotten to start one yet with my daughter...not sure if we'll get a chance with everything going on right now! @Blooie ...ill vicariously live through you!!
1f602.png
1f609.png

Okay, I'll post them both, and if the judges don't want two I can always come back and delete one. Don't want to bend the rules....I know 2 entries are allowed but just not sure if 2 photos of the same entry are allowed. Anyway.....

When I was young (way, way back) Easter always meant a new Easter bonnet, new white gloves, and a little Easter basket. Of course, it also meant a new dress, but I didn't have enough fondant or counter space to make one!

I should probably mention that everything except the tray is edible.

Bonnet - angel food cake covered with fondant, ribbon is made of a Fruit Rollup, there are candy chicks and Easter eggs around the ribbon, the flower on top iis made from melted and formed Fruity Chews, the leaves are from another Fruit Rollup, and the center of the flower is an Easter chocolate.

Gloves - fondant and half a jelly bean for the button on the cuff

Easter basket - formed fondant colored green, handle white fondant, filled with Easter chocolates.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll post them both, and if the judges don't want two I can always come back and delete one. Don't want to bend the rules....I know 2 entries are allowed but just not sure if 2 photos of the same entry are allowed. Anyway.....

When I was young (way, way back) Easter always meant a new Easter bonnet, new white gloves, and a little Easter basket. Of course, it also meant a new dress, but I didn't have enough fondant or counter space to make one!

That is very sweet!

woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom