Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Okay, I'll post them both, and if the judges don't want two I can always come back and delete one. Don't want to bend the rules....I know 2 entries are allowed but just not sure if 2 photos of the same entry are allowed. Anyway.....

When I was young (way, way back) Easter always meant a new Easter bonnet, new white gloves, and a little Easter basket. Of course, it also meant a new dress, but I didn't have enough fondant or counter space to make one!

It was worth the wait!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Just lovely Miss Blooie! Well done!

Bravo - Blooie strikes again !! When I was a child my sister and I always got a new short spring coat (think they called them 'toppers' way back then & of course a bonnet, also a little purse.

Isn't there an expression if this or that happens: "I'll eat my hat." Blooie bonnet would go down easy.

Thanks, Diva. Funny, when I was making this I was remembering Ma going through the Montgomery Ward catalog and carefully choosing Easter outfits for us. I never got a purse, and I'd totally forgotten about the little jackets! But going to church without a new dress, shoes (and they were always so stiff they made blisters on my heels),socks with lace on the top, hat, gloves and the little jacket was unheard of!
th.gif

I hold all of you talented people with your wall-to-wall sugar, your easter bonnets, your bunny gardens, your chickens and their babies, your broodies on eggs, etc. directly responsible for the chocolate icecream gluttony I have just indulged in.
big_smile.png

@Blooie your Easter bonnet is adorable and brings back some fun memories! Thanks and good job
clap.gif

Here's my 2nd entry...it's an Easter Egg Cake:

Carrot cake
Coconut grass
Marshmallow Peeps & Rabbit
Malted milk balls, 2 sizes
Jelly Beans
Chocolate peanut butter eggs
Chocolate crisps carrots

Special thanks to my good friend @sunflour for the inspiration!

I love it, especially the green bunny "guarding" his carrot
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom