Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Thanks my friends. Ken saw the photos and wrinkled up his nose. He wasn't happy with them - says I should have used a darker background because there's so much white on it and the foil washes it out. Well, shucks and darn - where was he when I was finishing up this masterpiece? Yep, in bed already!

But it brings up the question...as long as I use the same basic angles, should I re-do the photos? I think they're alright myself. But when he does stuff like this he plants these little seeds of doubt. <sigh>
Send the new photos to @Happy Chooks She will swap them for you.

Okay, I'll post them both, and if the judges don't want two I can always come back and delete one. Don't want to bend the rules....I know 2 entries are allowed but just not sure if 2 photos of the same entry are allowed. Anyway.....

When I was young (way, way back) Easter always meant a new Easter bonnet, new white gloves, and a little Easter basket. Of course, it also meant a new dress, but I didn't have enough fondant or counter space to make one!

Awesome job Blooie! So pretty, and I could tell exactly what it was, I remember Easter bonnets, too! Easter was quite a big deal that people dressed up for. (Not that I mind being able to just throw on some jeans now-a-days)

Thanks....I'm glad you liked it. I tried to do the Easter thing with my kids as they were growing up - lasted for about the first 4 years. <sigh> Don't you sometimes wish that we still got dressed up to go out, with fancy hats and gloves and stuff? I have a lot of fancy hats....love to wear them. This is one of my favorite pictures of Katiebug and me.

Cute picture of you and Katie @Blooie ! The blue hats bring out the blue eyes you girls have.

Thanks. She is Gramma's heart. That's what I tell her all the time. Know what her response is? "And you're my gizzard!"

It sounds like she may have some of your sense of humor, lol.

Seriously Blooie, you are so blessed with your grandkids. Thank you for sharing them a bit with us
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Thanks....I'm glad you liked it. I tried to do the Easter thing with my kids as they were growing up - lasted for about the first 4 years. Don't you sometimes wish that we still got dressed up to go out, with fancy hats and gloves and stuff? I have a lot of fancy hats....love to wear them. This is one of my favorite pictures of Katiebug and me.
Aww, The best kind of grandma is the kind who would play dress up with the kids, and who had a stash of hats like that! Also, a stash of costume jewelry. That does make me nostalgic. What a great picture!

Back
Top Bottom