Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Does a poem give me extra credit??

If you say so....
And you said it.

I've never made fondant, but perhaps working it on marble might help (if you aren't already)?  That's what they used to use for pastry which also needs to be kept cool. 

Thanks for the suggestion but I have no marble here :). I made the mistake of putting it in the fridge to harden but it began to sweat instead :th. Oh well, at least Im having fun trying :D

Well, here's my second entry...

"The disguises are working, kids...now I've just gotta drag you to safety!"...."

There's no need to fear, SUPERCHICKEN is here!!!

SUPERCHICKEN is a chocolate chick.
The "chicks in disguise" are assorted Jelly Bird Eggs and chocolate mini eggs, as are the ones that fell out of the bucket during the rescue.
The rope is a strip of Foot Long Fruit Rollups - yep, still trying to get rid of those - attached to SUPERCHICKEN with melted chocolate.
SUPERCHICKEN'S "S" is frosting piped on.
His cape is a tortilla chip carefully nibbled away to make pleats, and stuck to his back with melted chocolate.

Hope I captured some of the fun aspects of this contest, and kept the spirit of my first entry in the Gingerbread House contest!!

"The disguises are working, kids...now I've just gotta drag you to safety!"...."

The "chicks in disguise" are assorted Jelly Bird Eggs and chocolate mini eggs, as are the ones that fell out of the bucket during the rescue.
The rope is a strip of Foot Long Fruit Rollups - yep, still trying to get rid of those - attached to SUPERCHICKEN with melted chocolate.
His cape is a tortilla chip carefully nibbled away to make pleats, and stuck to his back with melted chocolate.

Hope I captured some of the fun aspects of this contest, and kept the spirit of my first entry in the Gingerbread House contest!!

LOVE it!! :clap

Thank you! The hardest part was the 4 hour drive to Riverton where the only KFC "in our area" is. Should have seen the employee's face when I asked for an empty cole slaw container!
lau.gif

thumbsup.gif

You have real talent!

How fun is this!! Love it!

Back
Top Bottom