Ended Contest #8 Funniest Chicken Picture Contest - 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

ROFL i think i have a flamingo in my coop!

The story behind this is that this rooster is in a pen with many other roosters and two female LGD's. This particular rooster has taken a real liking to the dogs where there are no hens around. So, in the true spirit of "making due" with that you have..... lol This rooster climbs on the backs on the dogs while they are laying down and "breeds" them! Seriously! The dogs think it's great because they get a back scratching!
lau.gif

We rescued Ruby and Poppy last May. Ruby had been attacked by a dog and the previous owner did nothing for days (except wash and dry her car gently with a soft towel!) Ruby had surgery to remove necropsied flesh and reattach the muscle to her leg. She was laying eggs within the month. A real tough girl! I wanted to get a pic of the damage from the dog attack and take pics as she healed from the injury. Poppy is very protective of Ruby as you can see. She kind of has that "what are you looking at?" face. This is not a caption, just their story.

Back
Top Bottom