Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop

Okay peeps, we need your help! We want to find more ways to give away BYC Golden Feather Memberships (that you can use yourself or give as a gift to someone) and also have lots of fun with contests.

So, here's what we need:

1) Ideas for contests - We especially like fun contests that involve lots of members (BYC Trivia contest), help create content for BYC (coop, breed, incubator pages), and overall fun contests (when will BYC reach 80,000 members ).

2) Volunteers to run / manage the contests - As you can imagine the BYC staff are swamped with keeping this ship sailing smoothly, so we need some reliable members to help us with these contests.

So, do you have a contest idea? Post it here!!!

Do you want to run a contest? Post that here too or shoot me a PM!!

woot.gif

Last edited:
I know there's one now for coops, but how about one for just recycled coops?

Everything would have to be reused and FREE.

For the brains out there that know how, different flock management forms.

ahhhh Solar, Wind or some other alternative power for coops.

OK I'll think of something.

edited cause I have wings on my mind and not wind.

Last edited:
Or this time of year, what about a winterizing contest? Seperate sections for insulation ideas, solar heat/lighting, waterer warmers...??

I would be willing to help with SMALL contests
smile.png

Contest Ideas:
• Largest Coop
• Smallest Chicken
• Guess who has the most posts?? <<Dumb Idea

I'd be happy to help out in contests that require keeping track of stuff LOL!

I'm always up for volunteering.

I definitely support the recycled coop idea. Recycled feeders, waterers, and incubators would also make excellent subjects for contests.

All great ideas! I would love one on short stories about chickens/poultry....Limit the wording so it doesn't eat up the servers
smile.png
and you know this would make a great book for BYC to publish as well! It would be great for all ages too and inspire creativity. I could help with it but I'm afraid I wouldn't have time to just "run" it...

Have a blessed week! Nancy

You can have members create articles on specific issues a beginner may face while raising chickens. Have them write them on their BYC page and the person with the best article gets their's in the "Raising Chickens 101" section and gets a GFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom