Contest! Prize, six Icelandic hatching eggs! NEW PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
Pre-approved by Nifty:

I have six Icelandic hatching eggs from my hen, Lukka and rooster, Isi.

34566_icelandicmontholds-3.jpg

I am overloaded with Icelandic chicks and juveniles so I am looking for the next candidate to join the preservation movement for the Landnámshænan (Icelandic Chicken). If you don't already follow this thread, please read about my Icelandics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=299038&p=1

This
is the way the contest will work.

1.) From now until 6:00 p.m. PST tomorrow (Sunday) you can PM me and tell me why you would be the perfect recipient for the Icelandic eggs. If you read my my thread, you will know I am passionate about preservation of the Icelandics, not standardization, crossbreeding, or making them the next big thing in hatching egg sales. Convince me that you are too in 200 words or less!

2.) Please be advised that the eggs are from only one hen so they might not be as fresh as those collected from a flock. Lukka lays almost every day so they won't be more than ten days old, at the oldest. I have hatched many older than that from this hen. Just want to be up-front on this. Also be aware that the color of the chicks that hatch from these eggs will not necessarily be the color/pattern of the parent birds. Remember, Icelandics are like a box of chocolates. I do guarantee that they are pure Icelandic.

3.) I will chose the winner at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow and announce it here. Please check back and find out if you won! The winning BYCer will have until Monday, noon, PST to claim your prize and send me your mailing address. I reserve the right to offer the eggs to the runner-up if I don't receive the shipping address on time.

4.) The eggs will ship out priority Mail to the winner on Tuesday morning!

5.) The winner must agree to post updates on their hatch and pictures of the babies!
lol.png

6.) If there are no entries, I reserve the right to fire up the Brinsea and set these eggs. (Don't tell DH!)

Good luck!

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my goodness they are beautiful.. i have never hatched and i wouldn't try it on those till i knew what i was doing.. i love that your bringing back species that are not common.. good luck to whoever wins... i had thought of pure breeding silverlaced but those are just as gorgeous

Quote:
Get yourself and incubator and some inexpensive hatching eggs and get started. You'll be a pro in no time and will feel more comfortable hatching the rarer eggs. Good luck and keep following the winner.

Do you have more info about them as a breed as far as their status, origin, and general pros and cons characteristics ?

EDIT Nevermind I see the link now

Last edited:
Wow, I have several really great PM's already. If you don't win this batch, don't give up. I think I will use the entries as my waiting list for hatching eggs. As they become available I will contact the people on my list to see if you are still interested.

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom