Conversations Layer overachiever or Problem, help please? Olive Egger Eggs

Thank you! I have been cutting up fruit from my trees (apples, pears, plums), scrap vegies from my garden and giving them about 2-3 cups for the 14 chickens daily. Is this too much?
Wayyy toooo much!
Every treat you give reduces the daily nutrition from their hopefully balanced chicken ration.

My Oliver Egger has feathered legs/feet & 5 toes on each
That is quite a bit
I will definitely cut back on the treats.

The same pullet my Olive Egger has feathered feet with 5 toes. All others in the flock have 3-4 toes. Is this breed specific normal or odd?

Sorry I have another question: Henrietta's feet.jpg Timone.jpg Timone 2.jpg Goldie Hen 1.jpg Goldie Hen 2.JPG
Will a Roo squat when you pet their back? All my pullets do with the exception of my two Polish chickens that have not laid yet, I haven't gotten any white eggs yet. I know this is a matting signal for a hen to the rooster. I am fairly sure one is a Roo, although no one has crowed yet. I have not seen Roo behavior from either of them, They keep getting their crests wet when they drink, so I trimmed the front so it would stay dry & see better.

My Oliver Egger has feathered legs/feet & 5 toes on each

I will definitely cut back on the treats.

The same pullet my Olive Egger has feathered feet with 5 toes. All others in the flock have 3-4 toes. Is this breed specific normal or odd?

Sorry I have another question:View attachment 3658225View attachment 3658250View attachment 3658257View attachment 3658261View attachment 3658262
Will a Roo squat when you pet their back? All my pullets do with the exception of my two Polish chickens that have not laid yet, I haven't gotten any white eggs yet. I know this is a matting signal for a hen to the rooster. I am fairly sure one is a Roo, although no one has crowed yet. I have not seen Roo behavior from either of them, They keep getting their crests wet when they drink, so I trimmed the front so it would stay dry & see better.
Your olive egger probably has salmon Faverolles in the mix, which explains the extra toes. Just to be clear, olive eggers are just a mix breed, not an actual "breed". I'm glad you will be cutting back on the treats, I know they love them, but they aren't good for them in those quantities.

Back
Top Bottom