Converted from chickens to quails!

Welcome Cool.gif
My youngest DD wants me to get quail

G’Day from down under TLC Mini Farm :frow Welcome and Congratulations on the egg!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your Quail, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Welcome, i love quail! I will probably get some this spring. There are wild quail on the property but it is just not the same! They usually lay pretty fast, like 6 weeks, right? I expect eggs from the chickens in Feb. Or so.
Enjoy the site, lots of folks here to yack with and learn from!
Through my research before getting the quails, I thought I would get eggs when they reached 6-8 weeks. Not true...they just stated laying yesterday at 15 weeks!! It was a long wait but we are excited to finally collect some eggs.

I've been raising coturnix for a couple years...enjoy the hobby! Hens lay at about 9 weeks the males will start to show aggression and well...there maleness as early as 6 weeks.
I only have hens. I was afraid the males might make too much noise. They have been doing fine without a male. Only aggression I see between them is when I put fresh sand in their sand box as they want to be the first to bathe! It's more just chasing each other out of the sand box.

Back
Top Bottom