Converting an old incubator

I used a small and cheap room heater, it has a fan / heat/ and temp. Add a bucket/ cup f water . I have 2 homemade bators, and am setting on abut 500 eggs. I have 1 that is fully autmated w/ turners and the other is manual turning, only because I have multple size eggs, from quail to emu, and I perfer to turn the EMU by hand. But the small space/ room heater is keeping temp. better than my store brought bator. RIght now you can get a small heater for about 20 bucks.

Quote:
A friend of mine dropped off a 2 outlet air pump but I need to find another stone. Humidity is still low. But the door is fitting tighter so.... maybe the wood is just that dried out?

This morning I started spritzing water in the 'bator to see what that will do.

I'll keep everyone posted once I get it going!

Since the forum doesn't have a cooking equipment section I thought I would put this here.

100_4288.jpg

Well, I said i would try anything to get the humidity up.

In all honesty, I don't think the air pump idea is going to work.
I took a spray bottle of water and shot the inside of the 'bator. It went right up to 69%. I should have just spent the $45.00 on the reptile fogger
hmm.png

get a smallreptile dripper... just a bottle with a hose and a stop-cock to adjust drip... then make it so the drip lands on a sponge... jmo
media.nl

basically something like this

Our Those Jacksonville bratts? How about soacking the inside of the wood good before incubating, the the miter? I figure the wood is real dry....call Brad Legg up at Legg Oeafowl in Mo, he used wood.

Well since I wasn't getting anywhere with the air stone idea and am trying to find a used reptile fogger I shut the power off.

It has been off for 2 days now and guess what, the humidity is at 44%!

So, does that mean that my fan may be too large? I did flip the fan from the way it came. The way petronix shipped the element/fan, it was blowing down. I felt it should pull up. Am I correct?

Back
Top Bottom