Convince me this silkie/cochin is not a roo!

ColoradoPeeps

Songster
9 Years
Jul 21, 2014
Grovetown, GA
We love little "Napoleon" but come on...look at those mud flaps under his beak. 6 1/2 weeks. Loves a good chest bumpin' and has thrown down with the bigger birds since week 2. We don't have any others like this one to compare. Can't have roosters here so he's history unless you all convince me otherwise...

I would guess rooster but I have VERY limited experience... as I only knew mine were from crowing and thought one roo was a hen for a while (it was the most timid and took longest to crow so by time it did it earned a spot in our household)!

I've got a girls has wattles like that and she is a frizzle silkie cross so similar breed and everyone thought she was a boy too and on the actual rooster they were the very last thing to start growing.

I would be looking at the neck feathers very closely instead as that's where I saw the first rooster signs. I can't really tell from your photo. Look for new skinny pointy longer ones.

Last edited:
Yeah nothing there on the neck feathers saying rooster yet. I don't vote till they are a bit older because at this age everyone voted my girl a boy and my boy a girl lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom