cooked hatching egg!

gigi56

Chirping
6 Years
May 29, 2013
I ordered some hatching eggs from a reputable seller (I've ordered from her before). It took Priority Mail 6 days to get the box to my house. 3 of the eggs were cracked and 4 were a sloshy mess. The yolk of one of the four was about 1/3 semi-solid! There are still 9 whole eggs. Aside from the disappointment of the delivery, is it worth my broody hen's time to place the remaining whole eggs under her?

IMG_20190520_184224.jpg That's what the seller is doing now. I'm devastated Wanted the babies to be hatching when my daughter comes for a visit. She hasn't been able to come home in 4 years and it may be that long before she can come again...

Whenever I ship eggs I ask the buyer if they want hatching eggs written on it but strongly recommend not doing. I've done experiments with it written and with nothing written and the written ones were always messed up way more than the ones not. I'm convinced it gets unwanted attention from people that have nothing better to do than to mess with your shipment. Don't trust anyone imo.

Whenever I ship eggs I ask the buyer if they want hatching eggs written on it but strongly recommend not doing. I've done experiments with it written and with nothing written and the written ones were always messed up way more than the ones not. I'm convinced it gets unwanted attention from people that have nothing better to do than to mess with your shipment. Don't trust anyone imo.

You can see the label in the first picture. She Just put a FRAGILE sticker on it. She's shipped all over the U.S. and has never had this happen.

I've never seen a shipped egg do that, good lord! Is it x-ray?
It looks like you're a solid 4-hour drive away from me, or I would bring you a present for your daughter.
I guess the worst you could do is try hatching those eggs, but don't get hopes too high.

Thank you for the offer. I specifically want Welsh Harlequins. Maybe I'll try again later. I'm just heartsick right now...

Back
Top Bottom