Cooking Chicken?

SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
I was cooking chicken today for our supper. I like Thighs and my family loves those chicken breast strips that are 4" long and 2" wide. I had just finished cooking when my dog came by and I stripped off a piece and he gratefully accepted and while he had it on the ground Blackie my Black Sex link ripes it out of his mouth and runs off with the other birds in pursuit. I didnt know they would cannablize themselves? Meat Eater? Wow are they scavengers. This is perfect example of why this bird thrives for 1000's of years. Its ability to eat and fight over anything they can get in their little/huge mouths. What other stuff surprised you that they like?

Steve

I do have to admit, I was really surprised to find out how much they enjoy eating yoghurt. The white stuff all over the wattles still cracks me up.

My son often shares his Gatorade with his RSL girlfriend "Collar". He pours it in the sap for her and she drinks it right up!

Once my chicken got a taste of McDonalds chicken selects, we couldnt stop him! I dont like to give them chicken! I bet if they actually knew what they were eating, they wouldnt eat it!
my chicekns like to eat wet feed. I think thats really gross!
sickbyc.gif

SteveBaz wrote:

WET FEED, SUCH AS? Commercial feed for a lot of birds?

Steve

Nah, just regular feed for 7 lovely chickens! The really gross part is........ wait, if you have a weak stomach stop reading NOW!!......
sooo where was i... oh yeah, the really gross part is that my rooster intentionally drinks a lot of water so he can spit it up in the feed bowl and eat the wet feed. When he does, they all come running and eat what they can of the muhsy stuff!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Ohh, i will never truly understand chickens!!​

Last edited:
My flock LOVES chicken--but they love just about ANYthing I've given them, with the exception of worms. And I don't get it...they forage all day & worms are plentiful after the rains.
What the heck else are they after?!

I’m afraid they would stop eating the pellet food and only eat the wet food and become a habit but, chickens are to much of a scavenger to car if they are hungry enough.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom