Cooking Experts: Help!

A1 Steak Sauce

Songster
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
My House
Well, I'm trying to make some kind of garlic chicken, so I go to the store and get what I thought was everything, but lo and behold, I forgot the corn flakes (of course.) Need those to coat the chicken to give it a nice crunch. Anyway, could I sub Rice Krispies or do I have to have the corn flakes? (Can you tell I'm not good at cooking lol.) I really don't want to have to run all the way back into town. So what do ya'll think?

I thought I was a total expert and nobody ever, ever told me about corn flakes. Who'da thunk?

You can dredge your chicken with flour if you are frying it. Rice crispies should be okay for baking or use no coating at all. Good luck!

I would simply use the flour- but yes, you probably could crush the rice krisipies- you have to crush the cornflakes anyway. Or you could make some bread crumbs - lightly toast a couple slices of bread and the put them in the food processor or blender- I myself, if I were doing garlic chicken, would add some italian seasoning to the breadcrumbs when I crushed them. But then again, I grow my own, I add them to EVERYTHING!
smile.png

You can also crush up pretzels or corn chips like tortilla's or frito's to sub for corn flakes. If they want you to really crush the heck out of the corn flakes any coarse bread crumb will do, it will just change the flavor a bit from a cornish flavor to a more bready flavor.

Good luck!

Laney

Lol ok, thanks. It was a recipe my Grandma had, and it's baked garlic chicken, not fried, I forgot to say that in the first post lol. I have a storebought can of Italian breadcrumbs...
smile.png

I actually have a rice krispie chicken recipe around here somewhere, but can't find it at the moment. Also saltines work in a pinch too! You can run then through your food processor.

Mom always like to use crushed herb stuffing, the store bought kind, for breading as well. Right after Thanksgiving, so there may be some around!

The Rice Krispies or bread crumbs will work just fine.

*disclaimer since I am NOT an expert!
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Alrighty, well I appreciate the help! I'll try a couple pieces with Rice Krispies and a couple with bread crumbs to see which I like better.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom