cooks/chefs- I need a pot suggestion please

Do yall have Panderno in the sates? All of our pots are panderno, and i am sure mom has had them for at least 25 years (if not more) and they are almost like new ( less shiny is all) they are made here in Canada.

If your recipe has cheese in it, you may have problems with it sticking no matter what pot you use.

I love my cast iron
love.gif
, but I don't use them for high acid foods. Mine are the old fashioned type and do not have the enamel coating.

Love wolfgang puck stainless collection pots, get them on sale at Macy's all the time. Shop thrift shops I got a Cuisinart Asparagus cooker for $5, never used. I do not like Paula deene collection but I do like her recipes and I'm a GA gal. but Pots are not made well.

Kitchenaid used to make ss pots and I think they are still available.

You will occasionally find water Maid cookware - really like the tupperware thing with the parties etc. very heavy and wellmade stainless.

Good luck!

m.kitchengirl :

I am a chef, and I love All-Clad, but my favorite pot is a Le Crusset pot I got at Marshalls for about $40. I cook just about everything in it. I can make 4 Quart size mason jars of tomato sauce in it, it goes in the oven, it sautes like a dream and never scorches, provided I am good about stirring. Best pot ever, and every Marshalls/TJ Maxx seems to have the 4 quart size in stock for cheap all the time. They also come in gorgeous colors, and will last a lifetime.

Best $40 I've ever spent. (They clean up as easily as All Clads do, too.)

I'm a chef too. Le Creuset for 40 bucks? That's steal!
I've had many pots over the years. My advice- go to antique stores and find a WagnerWare or Griswold 5" deep dutch oven with the matching heavy lid. You'll come in far under your budget and get a pot that came from someone's grandma and you cab pass on to your grandkids.​

I have a nice big pot I bought with my 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. I paid about $60 for it, a calphalon triply

I use a Lodge Iron Skilllet. It is the larger one, nothing sticks to it! I have had everything from the "green pans" to a great set of stainless steel. We pretty much just use our iron skillets. We do have the smooth top electric stove, no problems!

I use All-Clad and Le Cruset. Think of them as an investment, they are expensive, but should last your lifetime and be heirlooms for your children.

Just a thought, how about creating your sauce in the morning and simmering it in your crock pot through the day?

I'm a chef too. Le Creuset for 40 bucks? That's steal!

It is. Sometimes they go as high as $65, but I stop by Marshalls all the time just to look through their kitchen stuff. Last week I got a Le Creuset tea kettle for $22 plus tax. They are always the discontinued colors, but if you go enough I think you could get all matching stuff from Le Creuset. I really do love my pot from them, but not as much as the man in my life. He gets VERY excited when that pot comes out. . He even shows it to people when they come to visit, "See this pot?" he says, "Wonderful things come from this pot."

I also like the suggestion from someone else about the kitchen supply store. It is a great place to go if form is not an issue, only function. You can even get some nice, heavy duty used pots and pans at the kitchen supply near me. Commercial kitchen stuff is often pretty unattractive. At home, I like to pull out something beautiful when I cook. It makes the act of cooking feel luxurious.

Invest in something you will love, and if it is a bit pricey just remember - these All Clad pots/ Le Creusets / etc will last your lifetime, and if properly cared for, could last for many generations. My Mema teases me with her giant enameled lobster pot. She got it as a wedding gift and will give it to me... someday. My Mema is 89, the pot is over 60. It was used to make something for every holiday at her house, and countless other days, and will someday grace my stove top too. There is something to be said for that.​

Back
Top Bottom