Cool, it's FREE!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by McCord6, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hubby's dearest dad has found a way for us to feed BOB FFFFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Some place down the road, Im not sure where at exactly, is giving away a bunch of feed and hay for FREE so today hubby and his brothers are taking his bro's truck and trailor and going over there to load as much hay and feed as they possibly can. This is going to save us ALOT of money and poor BOB is STARVING right now, we gave him the last bit of feed 3 days ago! I was getting SOOO worried about him! Hopefully now that he will be on a full stomache, he might be more easier to handle while hubby and his brothers start training him! YAY!

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Whos BOB? And how come he didnt eat for 3 days again?..I'm confused.. (as usual) [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  4. Quote:My 5 year old hard headed *bleep* LOL, donkey!
    Hasn't been fed cuz hubby is no longer working due to dr orders and the only income we have is my SSI. We tried to find him a new home but no one wants an untamed donkey (he's harmless, just a spooker and he DOES NOT like DOG! he tolerates mine but at minimum)! Hubby was trying to get some money from doing side jobs and collecting junk metals but still couldn't come up with enough $$ to buy feed.
    They just came home now. 3 BIG RRRRRRROOOOOLLLLLLLLSSSS of hay, 10 bales of hay and countless bags of feed. Probably enough to feed him for several months!

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Wow! You have your hands full right now! And another baby on the way too!
    Know what i'd do if i was you? I'd sell or re-home the darn donkey and any other animals that you cant afford to feed. (try craigslist to find them homes...) Its only fair to them (nobody deserves to go hungry....know what i mean?) AND it will take alot of stress off of you guys too. Sorry that you are going through such a tough time right now! [​IMG]... can you get any help? Financial Aid? PM me if i can help you guys in any way..Take care, Wendy [​IMG]
    edited to add..maybe someone on here (BYC) local to you will want a donkey??..You could maybe start a thread asking??...just an idea.. [​IMG]

6. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    That's awesome! I wish someone around here would get rid of a bunch of feed! DH gets free hay from work for the goats and calves, so that helps, but they love their feed!

7. Quote:We have posted DOZONS on craigslist, free cycle and even on here but no one wants him. We have gotten emails asking about him and several have said they want him but they never came to get him. I told hubby that if we can't get a way to feed him, we would have to call maybe an animal rescue to take him but we got a way to feed him for a few months, which should give us time to get back on our feet.

I have fiancial aids but not enough. My SSI is less then $600 a month and we still don't know about my daughter's SSI progress. Blah, fiances now a day are just a big HEADACHE!

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:We have posted DOZONS on craigslist, free cycle and even on here but no one wants him. We have gotten emails asking about him and several have said they want him but they never came to get him. I told hubby that if we can't get a way to feed him, we would have to call maybe an animal rescue to take him but we got a way to feed him for a few months, which should give us time to get back on our feet.

I have fiancial aids but not enough. My SSI is less then $600 a month and we still don't know about my daughter's SSI progress. Blah, fiances now a day are just a big HEADACHE!

I hear ya...i just re-homed my little goat because things are just getting too expensive. (GAVE away a $350 registered nigi..just so she'd have a good home..)
    And my hubby is looking at another lay-off again soon too.. [​IMG]

9. AHA, so that's the deal! Hubby told me why the feed was all free. The guy has just lost his wife to cancer and fiancially and physically, he can't keep up with his own farm so he sold all his animals already and what is left is the feeds. He just decided to give it out to those who might need it. He bumped into my father-in-law at Walmart, overhearing FIL on the cell phone talking to hubby about a plan to get feed. When FIL got off the phone, the guy offered him the feed he had. Now that all his animals are gone and he has given away all his feed, he is selling his land and moving closer to his daughter, unknown where.

10. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Are you able to provide other necessities for the donkey such as hoof care and worming? I think you should contact the animal rescues now, BEFORE your food runs out again. They may be overloaded with unwanted animals due to the economy. It may be difficult to place him. Start now, just in case it takes a few months. Where are you located?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by