Cooler bator water heater thermostat

Thank you! I drilled the holes 2 sizes up from 1/4" and hung the thermostat by a screw, touching the lite bulb and it cycled off finally. I will try changing the bulbs, I took one out, 40watt in now. Temp got to 104 so I still need to refine it. But It is looking better, getting closer. Thanks for Your help it is helping me.

Looks like mine. 1) white wires together or black wires and one from thermostat 2) the other thermostat wire to extension cord 3) the black wires or white wires to the other side of extension cord

I have paused video and written it down, printed off instructions, and read everything I could find because I was scared of being shocked and blowing it up!!!

Looks like mine. 1) white wires together or black wires and one from thermostat 2) the other thermostat wire to extension cord 3) the black wires or white wires to the other side of extension cord

I have paused video and written it down, printed off instructions, and read everything I could find because I was scared of being shocked and blowing it up!!!

I hear ya on that one, I just knew I was gonna get shocked or catch something on fire but the worst that happened was setting off the breaker box when I would plug it in, LOL. Thank God I don't have I don't have to replace anything when it happens, just switch it back on.

I keep posting and just after I click I remember something else, ugh. Try turning the thermostat down a touch more and see what that does for you. I would tweek mine a few times in a couple hours till it stayed on/off steady where I wanted it. I keep mine at 100 so I know everybody is fine.

Have it set on 90*since the start, have re wired so much that I need to strip some wires because the light flickered when it cycled back on. I have not set off the breaker box yet
fl.gif
Still lots of tweaking to do BUT THIS HAS BEEN FUN learning a lot.

If it flickers again or doesn't light all the way and makes a noise, smack it. If it straighteners itself up then try to get a blast of air in it to clear away some possible debris.

The bulb burned out. My son came over and took the W H T apart . I had dented the wafer when I modified it with the middle hole. Went and bought another one, and it is working to about 2* off

Adjusting to get it closer. Placed some turkey eggs in to see if they are fertile , on day 2

Received the wafer thermostat Wed. and placing them into another cooler since I have all the stuff now.
Hatched out 25 chicks in the L G some BCM, R I R , Barred Rock and mixed chickens out of 36 eggs. I want a very small amt. of variance
for 100% hatch rate.

Have a great day and thanks for your help
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom