Coons and Chickens... Apparently can co-exist.

Quote:
I know what you're talking about.. what are those things called? The storm drainage pipes thingies... We have a coon that lives in our too. And a fox that lives in one on the other side. I'm surrounded. I better go buy some little debbies!

Quote:
Agree.

Nice story, but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. And not even that far.

What a great story... Thank you so much for posting this...
love.gif

You know I can add to this "weird predator situation story", without starting another thread. I was vacuming the other day and just happened to look out the front window and saw a FOX walking down the street and back to the little storm drainage thingy where it lives. It was 1 pm! Broad daylight. It wasn't hurrying either. It was just walking down the street all moseying, not a care in the world... And I live in the CITY!

It was a BIG fox too. And kinda brown/red in color. It almost looked like it could be a small dog, but it was clearly a fox. Does that make sense? Is there such a thing as a fox-dog? Lol.

Quote:
I know what you're talking about.. what are those things called? The storm drainage pipes thingies... We have a coon that lives in our too. And a fox that lives in one on the other side. I'm surrounded. I better go buy some little debbies!

gig.gif

At least I'm not the only one having a brain fart
he.gif

No foxes around us, thank god! We do have a lot of neighbourhood dogs and cats, but the cats don't seem interested at all, and I have yet to see a loose dog, other than our own. My 15 pound cat seriously guards our yard from other cats
gig.gif

Quote:
we have coyotes here that have pushed most of the fox into the city or town whatever you call it I catch a lot of grease fed coon ( convenience store ) and dumpster fed fox

Quote:
Agree.

Nice story, but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. And not even that far.

Me neither! The whole thing made me nervous. When I saw the first raccoon come up over the roof I got this "sinking stomach" feeling. You know the one where you hear your flock start to go crazy and KNOW something's wrong and your stomach just drops. I was looking around for the nearest weapon!

Back
Top Bottom