Coop almost done

I wouldn't hesitate to put four birds in there. You've got loads of room in the run. That's a sleep and lay coop. Looks sturdy and secure.

Also curious as aart is if the soffits are active. If they are I think you're ok without another window. But it wouldn't hurt anything if you added it.

Well done.

I don't think you need a ramp. They can jump up there pretty well. Just have lots of bedding for them to land softly on. Paint the inside white or a light color and it will be brighter for them. For dual purpose birds will fit nicely.

Most chickens have a lot more difficulty with heat then cold. Having another window in there that you can open in hot weather and let a breeze go through will work really well. Don't forget to update when you get your chickens :)

All of the overhangs and trim it was a real pain to paint but we got it done. Yeah I have soffit vents covered with screen and then 1/2" hardware cloth. Two on each side

I wouldn't hesitate to put four birds in there. You've got loads of room in the run. That's a sleep and lay coop. Looks sturdy and secure.

Also curious as aart is if the soffits are active. If they are I think you're ok without another window. But it wouldn't hurt anything if you added it.

Well done.

When I started this build I had the idea to build it small so maybe I could move it if necessary. Well, After it was done I bet this thing weighs 1500 lbs so it is going to be right where it is. Soffits are good. Two on each side.

I don't think you need a ramp. They can jump up there pretty well. Just have lots of bedding for them to land softly on. Paint the inside white or a light color and it will be brighter for them. For dual purpose birds will fit nicely.

Great idea Leigti, I will get started today on the interior paint. Also I have a screen door, or hardware cloth door built in the big clean out door that I can open in the summer time. I will update when the chicks arrive, it is going to be a while as we thought it would be best to wait until spring.

Back
Top Bottom