Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

baby groot dancing GIF

So, I am just sitting out with my chickens, trying not to vomit from yesterday, and all of a sudden my birds started rockstar singing. All of them. They were singing the usual egg song. Ok, I thought. That is weird. Usually the whole flock does not take part, but whatever. Then they all flipped out and started running toward their coop while still singing. Ok, now that is definitely not normal. I look up, and Frankie came back! But this time he is a lot bigger. I have not seen him in a good while and thought that maybe something ate him. But nope! Here he is, just waddling through the back yard.

IMG_20240524_054057.jpg

The roosters gave no growling warning or whatever that a predator had just popped out of the woods. They just sang at him. 😅😬

So, I am just sitting out with my chickens, trying not to vomit from yesterday, and all of a sudden my birds started rockstar singing. All of them. They were singing the usual egg song. Ok, I thought. That is weird. Usually the whole flock does not take part, but whatever. Then they all flipped out and started running toward their coop while still singing. Ok, now that is definitely not normal. I look up, and Frankie came back! But this time he is a lot bigger. I have not seen him in a good while and thought that maybe something ate him. But nope! Here he is, just waddling through the back yard.

View attachment 3842131

The roosters gave no growling warning or whatever that a predator had just popped out of the woods. They just sang at him. 😅😬
You named a possum?

You named a possum?
... I also named the huge fox Todd; her kits are called Thumbelina and Prescott. The bear is Boom Boom. The coyotes are just a gang of Aladdins because I cannot tell them apart. 😂

For squirrels, there is: Britney, Nicki, George, Fernando, Sebastian, Hey Where Did Your Tail Floof Go?, Scabbers, and Get Out of the Birdhouse!

For the chipmunks, there is: Dale, Gregg, Wittle Punkin, Sweetsie, Poppy, and Pepper.

The crows (the few I can tell apart) are Whitney, Waldo, and Jessie.

Should I continue? 😂

... I also named the huge fox Todd; her kits are called Thumbelina and Prescott. The bear is Boom Boom. The coyotes are just a gang of Aladdins because I cannot tell them apart. 😂

For squirrels, there is: Britney, Nicki, George, Fernando, Sebastian, Hey Where Did Your Tail Floof Go?, Scabbers, and Get Out of the Birdhouse!

For the chipmunks, there is: Dale, Gregg, Wittle Punkin, Sweetsie, Poppy, and Pepper.

The crows (the few I can tell apart) are Whitney, Waldo, and Jessie.

Should I continue? 😂
Oh! And Bailey is the giant skunk. Which you all knew from last spring/summer. 😂

Back
Top Bottom