Coop and run, I think I'm finally finished

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mr BrahmaRama, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Mr BrahmaRama

Mr BrahmaRama Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2015
    Dubuque, Iowa
    My Coop
    I started my coop in April 2015 and finished the main construction in about 5 weeks. This spring I added a roof over the run, a railing around the path leading to the coop and an extension to the run, also with a roof. Now that all the plants have grown in for the season I wanted to post a picture of the completed project.

[​IMG]
    I tried to make the Coop fit in with the natural surroundings. It's bordered in the rear by a limestone wall and surrounded by some huge trees. I think this makes it look smaller and less obtrusive.
    [​IMG]
    There is an old cattle fence above the rock wall, in the wooded area behind the coop. I've made a 5' barrier on the left side with bird netting, and I've stapled bird netting behind the railing to keep then hens out of the part of the garden I want to keep nice. We've got them fenced in with out it appearing they are fenced in.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    When we are home, we prop open the run door and they have free reign. The chickens themselves have become a landscape feature.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  2. TerryH

TerryH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    I love it!! What an interesting and very cool design!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by