coop and run near evergreens?

Huh, I never thought of it, our coup and run is under big pine trees. When they free range they rest under the pines, and some have started roosting in them. They have had no problems.

Im not sure how to do the quote thing, but someone asked about what kind of hens, and i have no idea. The people we will get them from said something about "Easter Eggs", and they said they think they're kind of like a mixed breed? I was going to post pics for identification when we got them.

I am one of those research the heck out of everything before i do it kind of person, so this short notice is driving me nuts! :)

If you want to quote someone that asked you a question or want to make a comment on what someone said, just click on that tab on the bottom right in that particular post that says "Quote" and that will bring that persons comment into the reply box. You can then type out a reply and it will quote them.

If you want to quote several people in this same reply box, click on the "Multi" and then "Quote" every other post you want to quote and they will all line up here in the reply box.

If you find you don't want to quote them after all, then click on "clear the editor" beneath this box and everything disappears. :)

If you want to quote someone that asked you a question or want to make a comment on what someone said, just click on that tab on the bottom right in that particular post that says "Quote" and that will bring that persons comment into the reply box. You can then type out a reply and it will quote them. 

If you want to quote several people in this same reply box, click on the "Multi" and then "Quote" every other post you want to quote and they will all line up here in the reply box. 

If you find you don't want to quote them after all, then click on "clear the editor" beneath this box and everything disappears. :)

Testing, thanks forthe help!

Im not sure how to do the quote thing, but someone asked about what kind of hens, and i have no idea. The people we will get them from said something about "Easter Eggs", and they said they think they're kind of like a mixed breed? I was going to post pics for identification when we got them.
Easter Eggers are hybrids bred by crossing either Ameraucanas or Araucanas (both of which are true breeds that lay blue eggs) with other breeds to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue (olive, green, beige, and sometimes even pale pink or gold. Unfortunately, many hatcheries incorrectly market Easter Eggers under the labels Araucana or Ameraucana (frequently misspelled as Americana or Americauna), and customers frequently purchase EEs thinking they are buying Arauanas or Ameraucanas. There is certainly nothing wrong with Easter Eggers. They come in a variety of feather color patterns, and generally outlay their blue egg laying parents. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. There is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the difference between Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers.

We have three Easter Eggers, two could pass for Ameraucanas, one looks more like a Golden Laced Wyandotte mix, and it doesn't have the muff beard like the other two. Not yet laying, I can't wait to see what colors the eggs will be. I also have Brown Leghorn for white eggs and Welsummer for super dark spotted eggs. I plan on breeding my Wellsummer rooster to the EEs for Olive Eggers hopefully. The EEs are very calm friendly hens.

I plan on breeding my Wellsummer rooster to the EEs for Olive Eggers hopefully.
It's iffy whether or not you get Olive Eggers since EEs are already hybrids. You will have to hope that one or more of your EEs passes on the blue egg gene that they inherited from their blue egg parent, but it could happen. Good luck.

Yeah, I know but didn't when I ordered them until I read the same article you posted a link to by the 'chicken chick' after I ordered them. I might end up with green eggs anyways. But if not I plan on keeping the blue eggs for hatching if I get any. If I had to do it again would have bought real Americuanas even though they cost a lot more. We'll see what happens, they should start laying soon, my roos have been crowing for weeks, I don't think they know how to tell time though, they start crowing before five am, well before daylight, good thing I live out of town! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom