Coop burn down today.

I am so very sorry for your loss. That must have been a horrible experience for you and your family.

Please update us all with the cause of the fire when you are able so that we can prevent fires in our coops.

My prayers go out to you and your family as well as the survivors. It must have been very tramatizing for them also.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss - I'm so glad for your wonderful supportive husband - that we all could have a supportive spouse in times of trouble and loss. He's a gem and a keeper - give him a hug from me and here's a hug from me to you

I wanted to add my sympathy to the others. I can't offer much in the way of eggs or chicks as I am totally new to this. However, I can offer the sympathy of a Mom who has watched her daughter grieve the loss of a beloved pet.

Get him involved once you are rebuilding and let him vent and talk too. Maybe there is something he'd like to break??? I'm sure he is bound to have a bit of anger as well as his fear and sorrow.

He may have some nightmares, and an abnormal fear of fire after this. You'll want to combat that by being sure he knows you have a plan in case the fire does hit your house to keep the family safe. In a situation like this it helps to show the kids that you are taking steps to reduce risk, even if you can't control an "act of God" type disaster.

So, perhaps a fire drill to show how everyone will get out of the house? Picking your meeting place once out of the house. Have the family get together and go around and change all of your batteries in the smoke detectors. Show him that there are some things you do have power over.

Then show him you don't let it stop you. If you let it beat you, then you will prove to him that the fire is all powerful. Something he should be afraid of.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Laney

Back
Top Bottom