Coop burned down this mornini :( (pics)

When I was little I went to my friends house and we were looking at their chicks and we smelled a popcorn smell then burning popcorn smell and then, we saw the heat lamp caught the coops on fire!!! So the little chicks were fine but it was scary..

It sure was scarey! It was really going good by the time I got to it. It was the ceramic heat lamp. I was always afraid of that too! I only added heat this year. Not doing that again!

hugs.gif
You are so lucky! I am glad everyone is OK.

How awful! So glad everthing is fine, but the coop and siding. I'm putting my coop well away from the house!!! How are you going to house the girls in the short term?
hugs.gif

How awful and how scary too! Praise God you were home and able to get your girls out and call 911 before any more damage was done!
yesss.gif
Your poor husband must have had a lump in his throat (to say the least) when he heard that address come in!! I'm so very glad everyone is safe and the damage was minimized as well as it was! I hope you can find a way to house the girls pretty quickly!!
fl.gif

The girls are nestled and snug in our shed! They seem pretty happy in there. I will just let them out in temporary run for now. We are very lucky and should not have heated it. They were fine last year but a few of our newer hens had bigger combs and waddles and since I had the ceramic buld I had my hubby mount the housing in there. It looked sturdy but...lesson learned. I'm going to look for a before picture of my coop.

Back
Top Bottom