1. I have a wireless video camera I got on trade a couple years ago for work I did for a friend. We used it in the kids rooms, also for checking out any "nosey" neighbors etc. Well now its in the brooder with the chics in the garage! We can see the temp, chics, feed and water level. Also can see who clowns around, or is the bully. I plan to use it when they move out to the yard coop.

Anyone else use one?

2. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    well if i could get one....

3. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Not for my chickens, but I do have one in the barn. Whenever we would be expecting a mare to foal. We're actually expecting a donkey foal later this summer.... I'm going to set up a "foal cam" online this time....so I (and anyone else) can keep an eye on her no matter where I'm at....

4. Jillylam

Jillylam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    Kingwood, NJ
    I had set up a wireless camera in my coop and it worked great when I viewed it on my home computer but I wasn't able to use the remote viewing from my work computer. The problem is that my internet connection going out of the house is dial up and isn't powerful enough to work. My incoming service is cable so that's fine. We just don't have 2-way cable or DSL here yet. It really was fun to watch them though. Especially when I would pan the camera around. They would look up at it when they heard the noise.

5. This one works thru the tv, no computer.

6. dehave

dehave Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    What kind do you use? Is it special for outdoor use?

Thanks

7. No, not weather proof. The name is X-10. I have never heard of it before. They have a website...X-10.com

8. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Do you know if it can be set up to be viewed through a computer or a laptop?

Susan

9. It just has AV jacks. I am sure its not digital.

10. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thanks. I do have an extra TV, though, so maybe I can bring that in and set it up to that?

I'll go to the website and look rather than making you answer all my questions. Thanks for the jump start, though.

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by