Coop clean out

I've put as much ventilation as possible for that coop aside from opening the window and leaving the door open, so I'm hoping its adequate.
To check the coop temperature/humidity I look at the readings in the coop and compare them to the official readings in my town. I get that from weather.com. They tend to always be pretty close.

Attachments

• 1610542919496.png
    1610542919496.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
I am like you - I go out and scoop it every morning (both the run and coop - tho I hear most people like the deep litter method I prefer to pick it out) and I do a quick once-over before sun sets. BUT....I have heard of people putting a board under the roost- I forget what it is called but it is essentially a board covered with contact paper that rests on a little ledge on either side so you can take it out. people take them out, scrape'em down and that's that! I have been too lazy to try and I creepily enjoy scooping poop in the coop because they think I am the poop fairy and the come sit on the roosts and talk to me while I do it LOL

I’ve seen a wide range of answers for this one. My coop is 6x7. I have 9 chickens. I use hemp bedding in my coop. I clean the poop every morning from under the roosts. They occasionally go into the coop during the day. These poops I leave be and just turn the bedding over. I have a good 3-4” of hemp. I had planned on completely cleaning out twice a year. It doesn’t smell. It’s dry. Is that enough? Should I clean it completely out once a week? Month? Picture of chicken and bedding below. TIA
D4507A47-BD20-4143-BC02-C7AD87A3AFCA.jpeg
Just cleaned out my coop today

I’ve seen a wide range of answers for this one. My coop is 6x7. I have 9 chickens. I use hemp bedding in my coop. I clean the poop every morning from under the roosts. They occasionally go into the coop during the day. These poops I leave be and just turn the bedding over. I have a good 3-4” of hemp. I had planned on completely cleaning out twice a year. It doesn’t smell. It’s dry. Is that enough? Should I clean it completely out once a week? Month? Picture of chicken and bedding below. TIA
I clean my out every other day.

Back
Top Bottom