1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I would like to know what color your coop(s) are! Give us details.. Don't just say blue and white...Tell us blue # so and so OR blue the color of the sky on a summer day , trimmed w/ bright high gloss white.... grass green w/ butter yellow trim... OR a muddy brown --think-- 10 colors mixed together w/ sand colored trim... It doesn't have to be the actual color NAME --just describe it to us..

I love color. I love bright colors... And since we will be starting my new coop ASAP-- I am thinking of COLORS.... So, let's hear about your color schemes.. Thank you

2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

My barn is natural wood with a white roof. The trim around the roof is cream with and Hunter green
    [​IMG]
    The front gables are cream. You can't see them from this angle.

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    OOPS paint. Light pearl gray-all over, inside and outside. Yeah, I know-really inspiring.

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    I dont have any pics of mine, but its Brick Red, with white trim

5. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    &0's yucky brown... But the inside is cool! Sky blue (like the kind on a summer's day:) ) With white.. and a tree (using brown and grass green)

6. CopperCT

CopperCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Mine is medium purple/grey with a lighter lavender and off white trim. Olive green doors and windows and green metal roof. Believe it or not the main house is painted with the same colors minus the green with a few dark purples and antique whites thrown in [​IMG] It's a big old Victorian. It's called the Wisteria house in my neighborhood. I someday would love to have a rustic looking coop with natural weathered wood but that would look weird in this area.

[​IMG]

Good luck with your color choices. [​IMG]

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Mine is cinder block (gray), wood (brown), corrugated metal (silver) & tarp (blue)...
    It can also be seen in the "Ugly Coops" thread!

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Thank you for the pictures.. I love pictures..

CopperCT-- it looks adorable..

9. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Mine is a pretty pale blue. Can't remember the color name on the paint can, but it's like a sky blue or robin's egg blue. The trim is just plain old white, because we had a bunch of it laying around. And the inside is a warm sandy tan color, just about the color of straw, because we had tons of paint leftover after we painted our bathroom (oops). And brown shingles. I think when we need to repaint it (eventually) or if we ever build another I'm going to spring for a light purple/lavender color, even though the blue we have now is very pretty and quite cheery.

[​IMG]
    The blue in the shadow (egg box) is the most accurate. The parts in the sunlight are more washed out than what the color really is.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  10. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    CopperCT I love ur coop. I'm working on mine now & it's Lovebird Blue mixed from oops paint...pretty much a Robins egg blue. I also am going to paint my egg box navy with on hand paint. Trim work is bright white . Colors match my house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by