Coop Construction update***PIC HEAVY UPDATED*** 3/19

Maybe you can answer the prvious post. Does the white get very hot in the run. My thoughts when I bought it where it would let in the light but keep out alot of the heat. Besides I think that the chickens arent going to mind the heat as long as they are in the open air. Your thoughts?

thumbsup.gif

Really can't answer that MedTec as I just built it in Dec and have not had it for a summer yet -
I live in the PNW tho and other than last summer we don't have a lot of heat and I am in the forest -
- - I really don't think it is going to matter tho as the run is open on all sides.

I think white for the run it would be fine since it's open air on the sides. The palruf product is specifically for open air structures. My concern was using white on my coop portion which is ventilated, but not open air like the run is.

Here are a couple of updsated pics. I got the roof on but I still need to paint, enclose the run, do some trim etc..
IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

Last edited:
This is exactly what I was going to do! Then I decided not to build out the coop portion, and just enclose 3 sides at the end with corrugated metal, to provide a somewhat covered roosting area (but I'm in New Orleans, and have 9 months of summer rather than drizzle). What are the dimensions?

Quote:
First, awesome job!

My only concern is the nesting boxes, they may leak at the hinge??? Suggestion, remove the trim just above the hinge and place a rubber flap under it, to cover the hinge area, and nail back into place. Possibly the window above it too. Also you know your weather patterns much better than I, so it may not be an issue???

Either way, awesome job!

Back
Top Bottom