Coop Design Contest - Win $20 BYC Gift Certificate •• ENDS 9/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I thought I had entered this already!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=3300

Here it is pretty much done, just need to finish some trimming on it and a little landscaping. There will be wooding clapboards around the entry door that will be painted as close to the vinyl siding as I can, and some yellow added to the panels inset to the egg door and rear coop door. On top of that, all the white needs a coat of gloss white paint on it still.

cc-30.jpg

Last edited:
Firefyter,

Great coop! I was wondering how many chickens does it house and what size is your coop? Oh, and is that vinal siding you used on the hen house? It looks very nice.

Have a good day!

Last edited:
Thanks, it has a total footage of 6' x 12' and holds my six girls (two Rocks and four Orpingtons) The siding is vinyl and the fencing is all hardware cloth. The plywood board under the coop is now been replaced with some hardware cloth. I plan to make a door here to place a tractor pen against the coop so they can play in the yard. The door will allow them to enter the tractor then I can more it where I want to.
wink.png

The coop is raised off the ground about 24" and that is the entrance the the "chicken cave". I walled off two sides and left one side screened which will be a hinged door down the road. I just gave the design a little detail and made the wall come down at a 22.5 degree angle instead of just leaving the entire wall open. The 22.5 angle also adds some strength as bracing for the coop legs.

Here is a recent photo showing the screen in place. then one inside thier run with the fancy roost I made them. They really like the roost, I also carved out the upright pole to fit the crossbars. They are screwed in and locked in place due to that carved notch. There are two crossbars set 90 degrees from each other. There is an eye hook in the top and a screw that attaches it to the rafter. I may, however, add a carriage bolt thru the upright into the stud to hold it better.

CC-35.jpg

CC-37.jpg

Last edited:
The current coop contest will end on 9/15/08 (that's still Summer, right?)
wink.png

So, put the final touches on your coop pages (picture, info, pictures, description and lots of pictures!) and make sure you've got a link to your coop page in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom