Coop Design Idea

Turns out that for most towns we're looking at, to build a coop (either 'coop' style or 'shed' style) I would need a permit, a suitable design that is approved, and inspections at each stage... so I will have to flesh my design out further.

I still don't know if building it off of vertical 4x4s or 6x6's is the way to go (that's how pole barns are built, IIRC) or if laying the 4x4s or 6x6s flat, making a rectangular frame on the concrete posts, and then building up from there is the way to go.

Turns out that for most towns we're looking at, to build a coop (either 'coop' style or 'shed' style) I would need a permit, a suitable design that is approved, and inspections at each stage... so I will have to flesh my design out further.

I still don't know if building it off of vertical 4x4s or 6x6's is the way to go (that's how pole barns are built, IIRC) or if laying the 4x4s or 6x6s flat, making a rectangular frame on the concrete posts, and then building up from there is the way to go.
any fixed structure measuring larger than 8x8 is required to have a permit here. Then they add a few dollars per month to our property taxes. That is why I am staying at 8x8 or under her for a garden shed and a couple of coops.

Back
Top Bottom