Coop Done!!!! Picked up Chickens!!! Now... ?

Yay!! Congratulations!
clap.gif

Nice looking coop and pen! If you need an outlet for chickens, Beth in Homstead has great chickens. Are you getting all the same or different varities? I'm the one who got it going and approved in Palo and we are loving every minute of having chickens!! We have 4 different varieties and it's great to watch their different personalities. Good luck!

Quote:
So nice that you got things started, with Palo getting approved I believe it helped us get approved as well. I was reading some peoples comments on KCRG a while back and they have no idea, what it will be like to have a few chickens in someones yard. Plenty of the comments talked about chickens running through town!! Crazy people!!! Some must not know that only rooster crow!! My neighbors are very supportive & think its cool. Since our coop is pleasant to the eye, I don't believe that we will have any problems with any of our neighbors.

Chickens: I have Nicole in Donahue who is holding 6 Buff Orpington's for me. I think for the first go around, I want to try these. I have heard how friendly they are, and I know my kids will want to pet them and interact with them. They were hatched on Valentine's Day, just starting to lay over the past couple weeks. Praying they adjust well, to thier new home. Maybe in a few years we will get some and try hatching them from eggs, or maybe just get some chicks. With this being my first experience raising chickens I am totally okay with getting some pullets.

Maybe in the future we can get together and check out eachother's setups. I know around here there have been talks about a coop tour in the spring ~ can't wait to check out everyone's setup!! Thank you for taking the initiative to get your ordinances changed in Palo!!!
wee.gif

We had our girls for a few weeks when one of our neighbors asked when we were getting them. They are so easy to take care of and we spend most of our nights sitting around watching them. Stop out anytime. We have a chicken tractor and are moving them every couple of days. I also read alot of the comments and finally had to reply back because I was so outraged. The stupidity of some people out there blows my mind! They think that a few chickens is going to end the world. I'm hoping with this latest egg recall that more towns will be willing to change their laws! Your kids are going to love having chickens. We have our 13 year old neighbor chickensit for us when we have been on vacation and she loves it! Has your breeder been handling the chickens that you will be getting? We got ours when they were a few months old(2 are laying now) and the only way we can hold then is if we try to catch one. Either way, they say having chickens is like watching chicken TV and that is correct. Good luck and enjoy the girls when you get them!

Back
Top Bottom