Coop door question

And yes they do sleep in the nest boxes. Gave up on that battle lol. Me and my hubby doing the best we can
Mine too my bunnies sleep in the nestboxes more than the chickens do

Attachments

• 20200908_172002.jpg
    20200908_172002.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 11
Awwww so so so cuteeeeeee.
we’re adding three ducklings next week. Very excited.
I have 8ducks in with my flock and they cuddle up at night its great they are one big crazy flock family my main coop has chickens, ducks, guineas, and bunnies together

Attachments

• 20200726_202745_01.jpg
    20200726_202745_01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200726_202745_01.jpg
    20200726_202745_01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200726_202745_05.jpg
    20200726_202745_05.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Hiiii
Soo our pullets (4) have been living outside for four months now. They’re doing so well. My hubby built an enclosed run several weeks ago that was a game changer. I have lined the sides of the run with firewood.
We live in a small neighborhood in New Jersey. We had a hawk issue but since putting this up and some decoy owls, all has been well.
We have never shut their coop door. New Jersey winters aren’t unbearable, but will that opening be an issue come colder months ?
Thanks 😊
View attachment 2324201View attachment 2324203
Run looks great! I'm in CT so similar climate to NJ. While I've had no predators so far, I anticipate foxes, opossums, etc. will show up as the weather gets colder. I plan to lock up my hens every night. I splurged on an automatic coop door. Good luck!

Hiiii
Soo our pullets (4) have been living outside for four months now. They’re doing so well. My hubby built an enclosed run several weeks ago that was a game changer. I have lined the sides of the run with firewood.
We live in a small neighborhood in New Jersey. We had a hawk issue but since putting this up and some decoy owls, all has been well.
We have never shut their coop door. New Jersey winters aren’t unbearable, but will that opening be an issue come colder months ?
Thanks 😊
View attachment 2324201View attachment 2324203
It is not just the temps that you should be concerned about. When winter gets here that is when lean times come for everything and every animal. Every predator of every kind and that means the four footed and the two footed. You don’t think that a person will still your chickens during winter up in Jersey. Well you better Thank again. Thief’s are every where and you are close to the thieving capital of the world. Winter time makes everything and everyone desperate to do things for food when they normally wouldn’t be or do things. Close that door and secure your coop and run better if you value your birds. That thing looks like a doll house or a play toy. Get it locked up and secured.

It is not just the temps that you should be concerned about. When winter gets here that is when lean times come for everything and every animal. Every predator of every kind and that means the four footed and the two footed. You don’t think that a person will still your chickens during winter up in Jersey. Well you better Thank again. Thief’s are every where and you are close to the thieving capital of the world. Winter time makes everything and everyone desperate to do things for food when they normally wouldn’t be or do things. Close that door and secure your coop and run better if you value your birds. That thing looks like a doll house or a play toy. Get it locked up and secured.
Thanks! We’re fencing in our yard as well. I appreciate your positive feedback.

Back
Top Bottom