Coop door question

Run looks great! I'm in CT so similar climate to NJ. While I've had no predators so far, I anticipate foxes, opossums, etc. will show up as the weather gets colder. I plan to lock up my hens every night. I splurged on an automatic coop door. Good luck!
Is your coop attached to a run as well?

Yes. I only free range them when I can supervise. I've been lucky so far and need to keep a closer eye on them, because I know my luck is bound to run out one day.
Yes I had one run in with a hawk which prompted us to built this run to give them more space. And free range now only when my husband and I are with them. Too scared.

My brother passed away in December and when Covid forced me to work from home I decided to finally buckle and get chickens. My husband is a chef and wanted them for so long (eggs only) but gosh I have to say the joy they’ve brought me during such hard times has been such a serendipitous surprise. Love my little girls so much. Never thought chickens would be so special. They attended all my zoom meetings as wee little things. Ha

Thanks! We’re fencing in our yard as well. I appreciate your positive feedback.
That is wonderful news. You were giving me the heebee jeebees! I can sleep now! Your setup had me a tad bit worried. No offense dear! I just tend to do that. I wish you and your flock the very best and I pray that everyone remains safe,healthy, and well!😊🙏

My brother passed away in December and when Covid forced me to work from home I decided to finally buckle and get chickens. My husband is a chef and wanted them for so long (eggs only) but gosh I have to say the joy they’ve brought me during such hard times has been such a serendipitous surprise. Love my little girls so much. Never thought chickens would be so special. They attended all my zoom meetings as wee little things. Ha
I know exactly what you mean! I lost both my parents last year and this was a good change for me to learn all about and enjoy. I am also disabled after thirty years of working as a radiation therapist and a hospital administrator in oncology and I miss it so much. I am lost but in a great deal of pain to adjust to and have to take my on treatments and hate it but the chickens are a healthy distraction and good research. I love BYC. I hope you all have a good day and good luck with your flock. My hubby is going to kill me if I don’t come to bed. Good night all!😊🙌🏻😜

I know exactly what you mean! I lost both my parents last year and this was a good change for me to learn all about and enjoy. I am also disabled after thirty years of working as a radiation therapist and a hospital administrator in oncology and I miss it so much. I am lost but in a great deal of pain to adjust to and have to take my on treatments and hate it but the chickens are a healthy distraction and good research. I love BYC. I hope you all have a good day and good luck with your flock. My hubby is going to kill me if I don’t come to bed. Good night all!😊🙌🏻😜
I am glad you have the chickens to distract and bring joy. 💕 good wishes for you and your flock

Back
Top Bottom