coop for the meantime

They could be, but not in the summer time.

The worst cold/wet situation is usually right around the freezing point, and Virginia does get that cold at some points during the winter.

If the temperatures gets very far below freezing, you get snow and ice rather than "wet," and it's not quite so bad.
Yeah, I guess you're right, the same way that snow can get you less cold than rain if you are walking in it. I was just thinking for the summer coop, but it is great you pointed that out so as not to confuse.

They could be, but not in the summer time.

The worst cold/wet situation is usually right around the freezing point, and Virginia does get that cold at some points during the winter.

If the temperatures gets very far below freezing, you get snow and ice rather than "wet," and it's not quite so bad.
oh yes, Va DOES INDEED get below freezing in the winter. Today it's raining and 64, this morning it was sunny and 79. ah. I see about the wet vs the very cold.
What is cold to chickens?

oh yes, Va DOES INDEED get below freezing in the winter. Today it's raining and 64, this morning it was sunny and 79. ah. I see about the wet vs the very cold.
What is cold to chickens?

Chickens readily tolerate dry cold down to 0F and below.

They're wearing built-in down parkas so heat rather than cold is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom