Coop Ideas for Dog Run

What's wrong with the prefab coop? Since you already have it, I would consider just improving that structure as it already exists and would be less work than new construction. In my brain I could see myself modifying that coop and attach it up off the ground up in the back corner somehow.
I've thought about that, but it is pretty cheap material, and I wanted my girls to have better insulation in the winter. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not that creative or handy :)

I have a 6 x 10 x 6 tall, covered dog run. It has a cement floor have my little prefab and matching run in it for brooding, then the girls us it in both hot and cold weather. I use the corners of the chain link to put roosts through. Then I have a big coop for the older girls, they roost and use the nesting boxes. I then let them use the full back yard, having a coop next to it and making a door for them to go back and forth is brilliant. Here is my area, Future will invol the metal shed
That is very cool. Thank you for sharing.

I've thought about that, but it is pretty cheap material, and I wanted my girls to have better insulation in the winter. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not that creative or handy :)
Insulation isn't needed. It's a invitation for rodents. It gets down to -20 at times in my area. My coops don't have any insulation. A well ventilated coop without drafts is what the chickens need.

We have a 20 x 20 dog kennel for them with a prefab coop and run inside. We put sod down for them and they won't even walk in it! Silly chickens!
IMG_20220706_135408.jpg

Back
Top Bottom