Coop in a day

Malbri

Songster
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
Bowdoin
I want to build a small coop for isolating both new birds and if my hens decide to hatch chicks. It needs to be simple and cheap, and quick to put together. Also, it would need to be pretty warm and able to accomidate a heat lamp. Any suggestions?
I have 3 sheets of 4x8 USB already primed(I was gonna use it for my new run, but I can go pick up some more next weekend anyway because I need more to complete it anyway). And lots of 2x4's and screws.

Can you use wood pallets and put the siding over that? Many places give them away around here, don't know about where you live. If you put the OSB on the outside and on the inside it would make a pretty good insulated wall because of the dead space between them for warmth.

Quote:
WOW. I would like to see some pictures so that I could make a few also. We've decided to raise our own meat birds and I want to keep them seperate fromour laying flock so that would be great as far as I'm concerned!!!

Can anyone think of a way to insulate a big dog crate?

Can you get ahold of some straw bales? They could easily be stacked around and even on top of the crate to create an excellent insulation.

Also, you could wrap it with some heavy duty tarp.

I would like to see some pictures so that I could make a few also

Try using the search feature at the top and type in "pallets", I know I've seen several people's pictures who've actually used pallets and you should be able to find them that way.​

Back
Top Bottom