1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop is finally finished

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bulldog6, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Bulldog6

Bulldog6 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    took a while to get some up but its finally done.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2907 Chicken

2907 Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2014
    Looks good

3. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Your coop build is adorable and well built! Kudos for sure! With that said, I do have a few comments on your run. Your signature doesn't say what part of the country you live in, and I see you're backed up to a forested area....predator heaven! When I enlarged your photos I notice that you're using 2 x 4 (?) wire on the run. This will do nothing to keep raccoons, weasels and skunks out. Raccoons are especially good at just reaching in, grabbing a chicken by it's neck and the rest is disaster. I noticed dirt "birmed up" around the perimeter...is your wire aproned at the bottom (down and out at least 12-14")? Predators will dig and easily gain entrance if not.

[​IMG]

Please don't get me wrong, but I'm afraid it's not a question of if predators will get your flock but when.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by