Coop lights using smart plugs?

What will the increase be, in minutes per day?

Not sure that will work. The light needs to be where the birds are, so it shines right onto their heads. Here's a pretty good article on supplemental lighting.
I will read that article. Thanks. I would gladly take advice from anyone with experience. Last year i just had a shop light hanging directly in the window. Either it worked, or it was just thier time to start again. I forget the time i added.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and responses, I was really just contemplating using tech stuff to "improve" the process. As I think about it sometimes we try to improve what doesn't really NEED to be improved. And that's probably the origin of so many "new and improved" processes NOT being any better at all. I think if I elect to use supplemental lighting in the coop I'll just get a reliable outdoor timer and go that route.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and responses, I was really just contemplating using tech stuff to "improve" the process. As I think about it sometimes we try to improve what doesn't really NEED to be improved. And that's probably the origin of so many "new and improved" processes NOT being any better at all. I think if I elect to use supplemental lighting in the coop I'll just get a reliable outdoor timer and go that route.
Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom