coop pics for ducks/designs??

Quote:
I agree, get VERY seure fencing for Runners. They are so fun to watch, but mine would get out a lot. The neighbors probably saw me running behind them trying to round them up a few times. They were hillarious all traveling in a group. But we lost a few that way too. Have fun!
big_smile.png

The run should be secure, but make sure they have a predator proof place to spend the night. Our 2 Khaki Campbells were left out one night in what we thought was a secure run...that was their last night:( Wish we would have chased them into the hen house one more time. Weasels or their family members can get into very small holes in fencing. They may not even kill to eat the duck...they just like to kill them!

Quote:
Our ground looked exactly like this. We threw some quick growing grass seed in there and now they have grass instead of mud!!! It worked for us!!

Laurie

We tried sod in the run. It look good for maybe 2 weeks. They ate all the grass and left the roots with all their muck on top. It was terrible, took a long time and a lot of effort to remove. Not something I'd recommend.

I think that everyone has a different set up and different strokes for different folks! If it is not predator proof, they'll find out the hard way and NEVER forget... or they'll be fine...
When I ask questions on here, ...I am looking for "IDEAS".

Oh yeah, I still haven't found something that will work for my set up and my ducks yet so if anyone else wants to be helpful, it would help a few people I'm sure!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom