Coop plans or ideas

madandersmomma

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
I am new to this whole thing and have young chickens but already need a larger coop. I am looking for ideas/plans to either build a coop or good place to purchase one already contructed. Any good ideas to share?
I really love the igloo but it is so expensive and seems small. I would love to gat more chickens in the spring to have a flock number of 12-16. I have eight right now but none are laying eggs yet.
Thanks!
~Laura

learning as I go :eek:)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/coopdesigns.html
This link will take you to BYC's coop plans section. You should be able to get some great ideas there!
oh, and
welcome-byc.gif
from Mississippi

We purchased the pallet plans from mpc and my husband has built 3 coops. The materials were free including the nails since he took apart the pallets which also he got for free by asking for them when he saw them outside of stores. We hammered nails straight. It took a weekend to build it but they are nice and the chickens are comfortable and quite safe at night from predators since they are closed up in wood. I got some oops paint and they are really pretty - except the one hubby painted pink with the icky pink oops paint....It needs two more coats and some trim other than blue and green. I may attack it with some complete other colors. Just cuz it is free doesn't mean it has to look slummy. My husband says the chickens don't care but since that one coop is visable from the dining room - ah yeah - can't be an eye sore. We have 4 coops 2 are catawabe convertable a frames which I built and paid about 130.00 each in wood and two are pallet coops (he built one for my neighbor too) which were freeeeeeeeeeee.
Caroline

Back
Top Bottom