COOP PROBLEMS!!!

Hazzard

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
Oxfordshire
I have a sally hen house and it is approaching the cold harsh British winter. My coop has a bad infestation of the horrible red mite! My coop also has huge leaking problems and it is damp. :\ PLEASE HELP!!!

Since I am in the US, like many members here, I'm afraid I don't know what you can get there that would be effective against your mites. You could ask a vet for a product, and/or you could post in the UK thread, here, to see what others have done.

It may be necessary to repair the leaks and let the coop dry out before anything would be effective, though.

I think it would be best to burn the old coop and then build a new one that is tight and disease free from the start.It will be easier then trying to patch an old roof and rotten boards,ask me how i know?,spent a couple of weeks trying to repair an old building i had birds in a few years ago,it had a bad roof,rotten floor and the bottom foot high was very weak,At the end i gave up and demolished it and built a new one,it is 8X14,with 8 foot high walls,the birds have 6X8,i have the rest for storage and a place for my mower.If i had done this from the start i could have saved a lot of frustration,rotten wood is very hard to work with. harvey

Back
Top Bottom