1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop progress

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chknman79, May 17, 2007.

1. chknman79

chknman79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Crossville,TN
    I am constructing my first chicken coop. It is attached to the back of my existing shed and is 8'X8'. There will be a fenced in run around the outside 25X25. I think this will suit my 17 chickens fins since I am about to have to get rid of a few roosters. Wisd I didn't have to but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Anyway, here is a pic I took with my cell phone of the progress at the time. I have been goven all the wood and plywood, roofing, etc. I have $15 in nails and my time in this. Not too bad for a dumb ole country boy hillbilly! LOL Since I took this pic I have finished the siding and am about to roof it tonight with donated tin roofing. I hope for the chicks to move in Saturday after I get eh fencing completed. Whew.....

[​IMG]

2. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

ChickaChickaBoomBoom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Looks great, and wow, you can't beat the price! Looking forward to pics of the finished setup.

-Dave

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by